7th Nov – A Celebration of Traditional Herbal Medicine
Dear Herbalists & Herbal Medicine Supporters,
The SAVE OUR HERBS Scotland Campaign
Welcome you to join us at…
A CELEBRATION OF
TRADITIONAL HERBAL MEDICINE
Supporting the Future of Herbal Medicine
1-4pm Saturday 7th November 2009
Bristo Square, Edinburgh
We wish to invite the public to a fun day to celebrate our herbal traditions because after April 2011 our access to them may become severely restricted unless practitioners can get statutory regulation.
What are we doing?
- Raising public awareness of the uses & practices of herbal medicine
- Informing people that our unrestricted access to herbal medicines will be under threat unless we urgently gain statutory regulation
On Monday 16th November 2009, a Department of Health consultation will take place when decisions will be made about statutory regulation for Medical Herbalists, Traditional Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists.
On Tuesday 10th November 2-4 pm, a Mass Lobby at the Scottish Parliament, Holyrood will take place to inform our MSPs and to request their intervention on our behalf in time to have an impact on this meeting (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info).
How can you help the celebration?
There are lots of things you can do. Any or all of the below…
- Come and join us on the day!
- Get creative – make placards, banners to bring and distribute…
- Colourful and positive messages to support the future of herbal medicine!
- Bring herbs and live plants displays
- Make flasks of tea and paper cups to give away
- Bring twigs & leaves, dried flower sprigs etc to give away with “www.saveourherbs.co.uk” attached
- Volunteer at the event – man stalls, offer first aid, be a steward
- Bring instruments and offer uplifting sounds
- Bring your own fun ideas
- Print off leaflets, posters and information to distribute at the event from the Save Our Herbs website.
- Do flyering & posters (before & during event)
Check out the campaign website for regular updates and information:
There is no funding for this campaign, it would be so great if you could use your printers to increase the volume of information and events awareness getting out there.
Or donations are welcome to help us with publicity printing costs.
If you want to get in touch, get involved, or have any other bright ideas, please let us know asap:
Email Fiona Morris email@example.com with your name & contact details.
There’s no time to lose! Show your love of herbal traditions!
Spread the word
Invite your friends
Let’s have fun & “Save Our Herbs!”
THANK YOU everyone for all your efforts, big and small…